Monday 17 September 2012

Chennai-Bangalore-Elagiri CBR250R



After waiting a long time finally i decided to go ahead with  Chennai-Bangalore trip it was a total of nearly 1000kms of riding so I inspected the bike and made sure everything was ready to go. I had left Chennai by Friday afternoon in hope to reach Bangalore by night fall and was soon on the Bangalore highway which was quite busy with traffic and also there were works going on so decided to maintain the bike at a constant 100kmph. I began to enjoy the ride and for the first time came to know the enemy of speed biking on the highway WIND!!! It was a big struggle with the wind as even at 100kmph the wind is strong enough to blow the bike from one lane to other but I was really glad I was doing this trip with the CBR as its heavy and lean forward nature help to steer against the wind and decided to take a break near vellore for some coffee before setting of again I was running late mostly because of the works and was suddenly stopped by clanking of the chain when I stopped to inspect my chain slider was hanging on the side.


 I got rid of the small rubber piece and continued with occasional clanking of the chain. I had managed to reach hosur by sunset and after tanking up the bike and a quick bite dashed off to Bangalore only to find myself drenched in a shower so I decided to slow down and ride on the left managed to hit Bangalore outskirts by 7 and was freezing because of the shower combined with wind sheer and reached my destination by 8.


After two days of roaming around in Bangalore it was time to ride back again in the meanwhile I managed to get the chain slider fixed and also a screw had rattled out of the fairing both were fixed in no time and this time I decided to make a detour to elagiri on the way back to Chennai and set off early in the morning after a quick breakfast and pit stop at hosur was on the way back and reached elagiri by mid noon and just loved the ride uphill it was brilliant and the climate was just perfect although clouds were looming above there was no rain after reaching the top had a tea and circled once before getting back on my way to Chennai. The rest of the trip was uneventful and I reached Chennai by 4 in the evening the bike on the other hand showed little signs of strain and felt like it could do many km’s more at a stretch. I was delighted by the entire experience it was just fabulous and loved it to bits. More so delighted by the bike returning 42kmpl for the trip but the bike was running on speed97 its still awesome to get such high mileage from a 250cc bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment